- Contractor / Owner
SunPower Corporation Systems
- Roadway Excavation, Fills, Embankments
- Land Clearing & Grubbing
- Site Work / Site Development
- Material Transportation / Trucking Services
- Dust Control
- Site Cut / Fill
- Foundation Drilling
- Road Construction
Renewable Energy Earthwork
- Completion Date
The 1.0MW photo-voltaic solar array project is tied to the Central Avra Valley Recharge facility located northwest of Tucson, Arizona, and has a potential of expansion to ultimately 5MW of capacity. Located on ten acres of former agricultural land, the project was designed by SunPower Corporation, Systems and is said to have doubled the solar power system capacity provided by the City of Tucson. Buesing Corp.'s scope of work included the overall site development and installation of over 1,000 drilled and concrete filled piles for the support of the solar panels.
- Installation of 1,007 drilled and set piers
- Piles of varying lengths of 15', 16', 17', and 21.5'
- Piles set at depths of 8 feet to 17 feet